The Nanshu Temple was completed in 1666 by the first lord of the Hachinohe Domain, Naofusa Nanbu, to memorialize the spirit of his father, Toshinao Nanbu, who was the first lord of the Morioka Domain. After completion the temple became the family temple of the Hachinohe branch of the Nanbu clan, with successive Hachinohe Lords and their families being interred there. The temple contains a large number of artifacts related to the Hachinohe Domain.
- 1-7 Chōja, Hachinohe, Aomori
- Entrance Fee:
- By Car: 20 min from Hachinohe Station
By Train: 25 min walk from Hon-Hachinohe Station
Closest Bus Stop: ‘Nijusan-nichi Machi’ ‘Juroku-nichi Machi’ (10 min walk)