Hachinohe City Marine Science Museum（Marient）is a sightseeing and cultural facility that showcases the allure of the sea from Hachinohe, one of Japan’s prominent fishery cities. The main attractions are a large fish tank, a touch tank where visitors can touch live sea creatures, and the Umineko Theater, which introduces you to the sea of the Hachinohe region.
There are also feeding tours by marine rangers (divers), experiments with electric eels, fish feeding, and many other hands-on programs related to the Hachinohe sea to experience here.
» The Tanesashi Sightseeing Bus Umineko
- Shimomatsunaeba-14-33 Samemachi, Hachinohe, Aomori
- 9:00〜17:00（from June to August the Museum remains open until 18:00, there are also special「Marient at Night」events held throughout the year）
- No regular closed days set (temporary closure days occur throughout the year)
- Entrance Fee:
- Adults 300 yen, Seniors 150 yen, High School 200 yen, Middle & Elementary 100 yen
- By Car: 35 min from Hachinohe Station, 25 min from downtown, 30 min from Hachinohe IC
By Train: 16 min walk from the Same Station
By Bus: Get off at the 「Suisan Kagakukan Mae」stop on the Umineko bus, or the「Misaki Cho」stop on the city bus
- Free Wifi Available