Japanese people have loved soba since long ago. This classic dish of buckwheat noodles has recently enjoyed a resurgence in popularity, not just in Japan but abroad as well. The town of Hashikami is well known throughout the country for its particular breed of buckwheat called Hashikami Wase Buckwheat. Noodles made from Hashikami’s Wase buckwheat taste great, and visitors to the town can experience making their very own soba noodles!
Come take a soba making class and learn the basic noodle-making techniques from an expert soba maker. You will learn everything from making and cutting the dough to plating the finished product. Man or woman, young or old, everyone is welcome to come and have a great experience making this classic dish together.
The soba from the town of Hashikami is always delicious, but you’ll find there is something extra magical in making and eating soba you have made from scratch. Furthermore, Hashikami loves soba so much that there are two separate places where you can learn to make your own soba!
- Wasse Exchange Center
- Uwamichi1-1 Hiranai, Hashikami, Sannohe-gun, Aomori
- Anytime(with reservation, please reserve at least 1 week in advance)
- 22 min from Hachinohe IC
- 2,000 yen per person (cost is subject to change with the number of people attending, etc. )
- Roadside station Hashikami
- Mimigahoi3-3 Dōbutsu, Hashikami, Sannohe-gun, Aomori
- Dec 31 ~ Jan 1
- Please call in advance
- 10 min by car from the Hashikami IC exit of the Hachinohe Kuji Expressway
- 3,000 yen per person