Hachinohe Shuzo is a long-established sake brewery dating back to 1775. The brick warehouse, the storehouse and the wooden main buildings that were built in the Taisho era have been designated as National Tangible Cultural Properties and Prefectural Important Scenic Buildings.
The brewery is very particular about using organic natural rice and yeast grown in Aomori prefecture, and considers health and the environment in its brewing. Mutsu Otokoyama is a dry sake beloved in local fishing villages, while Mutsu Hassen features a splendid ginjyo-type aroma and a refreshing sweetness. Brewery tours and sake tastings are available.
- 9 Aza Honcho, Oaza Minatomachi, Hachinohe City
- [Tour hours] 9:00AM-4:00PM (By appointment only) Time required – 30 minutes-1 hour
- Regular Holidays:
- Saturday, Sundays, holidays
- Rates, etc.:
- [Tour Fee] There is a fee–please inquire for details
- By car: 20 minutes from Hachinohe Expressway, Hachinohe IC, 25 minutes from JR Hachinohe Station, 10 minutes from downtown Hachinohe
By train: 10-minute walk from JR Hachinohe Line Mutsuminato Station
Bus: Hachinohe City Bus / Nanbu Bus – 5-minute walk from the “Shincho” bus stop
- 10 spaces, large buses allowed